ELECTRICAL PANEL FIRE THROWS MONKEY WRENCH INTO VACATION

A home inspection is so important, it can even save your life!   A few weeks ago, I was scheduled for a vacation in Destin, Florida in the beautiful home pictured.

IMG_2676

 

 

 

I have also included the view of the Gulf.   One day before the family and myself were scheduled to leave I got a call from the property owner and she said that there was a fire in the electrical panel so we could not stay there. This was a pretty big problem with 4 different families meeting at the beach and there was no place to stay. We were lucky enough to book something pretty nice at the last moment.

IMG_2674

I was skeptical though and wanted to pass by the vacation house to see if this panel fire story was true. I was able to walk right in the home of this gated community and I saw for myself that there really was a fire. The whole panel was taped off and not accessible behind this plastic door. Work crews had been there cleaning up the smoke smell. The whole family was glad it didn’t occur while we were there. Kind of scary, I guess I should start doing inspections on places we rent. Anyway, it feels good to back at work and making money.

IMG_2672

ASHI Certified Inspector

"ASHI" Inspectors are the only ones certified by The National Commission for Certifying Agencies. This is the highest level of inspector in the country.

Angie's List 2015 Super Service Award

2013, 2014 & 2015 Angie's List Super Service Award

We are the highest rated home inspection company in Southeast Louisiana on Angie's List.