Furnace Vent Defect
I crawled into a Metairie attic and immediately sensed that it was too hot. I then smelled combustion fumes so that means CO/carbon monoxide, which is a safety hazard and it can kill. I could not see the exhaust pipe from the furnace because it was improperly installed where the rafters and ceiling joists meet in the attic. It was not visible but my spider senses were going off and I knew there was a break in the exhaust pipe or it was disconnected. Everyone was made aware of the safety hazard and I wrote it up in my report. On that day, hopefully, I saved a life.