Lead is a highly toxic metal and it is all around older New Orleans. Lead was used for many years in paints. Some older paint has no lead, some has low lead concentrations and some are high. Lead-based paint and lead contaminated dust are the main sources of exposure for lead in U.S. children. Lead-based paints were banned for use in housing in 1978. There is a good chance that any home, building, school or day care center built before 1978 contains some lead paint.
One million children are affected by lead poisoning, but when you know what to look for and what to do, lead poisoning is entirely preventable.
That is where Sunshine Home Inspection, LLC can help. We can test anything in your home for lead. We send off our sample and about 4 working days later you get back the raw lab report and a write up from us. We encourage all parents to get your children tested for lead in their blood. We hear about these horror stories all the time.